Endodontics refers to a specialty branch in dentistry devoted to caring for the tissues in the innermost part of the tooth, otherwise known as the pulp. The most common treatment associated with endodontics is root canal treatment. For a better understanding of the basic facts about root canal therapy, read on:
– Drs. Abdelmonem and Quintero trained to save broken or damaged teeth that otherwise would probably need to be extracted and replaced by performing a root canal.
– A root canal consists of removing the inner pulp from the tooth in cases where it has been infected in order to save the tooth.
– After a person’s tooth is fully grown, it can survive without its pulp.
– In many cases, a tooth that has undergone root canal therapy can last a lifetime.
– By saving a tooth with root canal treatment, your tooth will be better able to aid you in properly chewing foods, will still look natural, and will keep your other teeth healthy and free of the dangers that come with gaps caused by missing teeth.
– Each year in the United States, dentists save millions of teeth with root canal treatment.
Don’t wait until it’s too late for root canal therapy. If you would like to know if you need endodontic therapy, please book an oral exam with Dr. Rafah Abdelmonem and our team at American Dental Center Homestead by calling us at 305-247-8823. Our dentists and team in Homestead, Florida, look forward to seeing you soon!