Have you heard of the man reasons to choose a dental crown for your smile restoration? Did you know dental crowns can also be used to improve the appearance of a tooth? Yes, it’s true! Dental crowns can be used for many reasons and in many ways in the world of dentistry. To help you understand more about dental crowns, our dentists, Dr. Rafah Abdelmonem and Dr. Juan Quintero with American Dental Center Homestead in Homestead, Florida, and the entire dental team have provided you with some insight on the many uses of dental crowns.
The many uses and benefits of dental crowns include:
– Dental crowns are known for their durability because there are cases in which an individual has had a crown placed and it was able to sustain them for the rest of their life.
– If a dental filling is needed on a tooth that has a minimal amount of surface space, it may not be able to hold the filling without additional support. Dental crowns can be used to provide the extra support it needs.
– Dental crowns are often used for individuals who have susceptibilities to tooth decay, which includes elderly individuals and children who are often at a considerable risk for it.
– Dental crowns are popular for individuals who have suffered breaks, chips, cracks, fractures, or splits in teeth.
– A dental crown can help protect a tooth from added risks of dental erosion.
– Dental crowns are customizable and can even improve the look of a tooth.
If you are ready to restore your oral health with a dental crown, or if you have questions about your oral health, please call us today at 305-247-8823 to set up an appointment with our friendly dental team. Our team is always happy to help you with any questions you may have pertaining to your oral health care.